We do not have a physical address. The word “Campus” reflects the fact that we represent the island of Montreal’s 13 public CEGEPs. Each CEGEP has its own physical campus, and you can easily access their contact information at the bottom of the home page, under The Institutions section

No. However, if you are under the age of 17, you must either be accompanied by a parent or have a legal guardian who resides in Canada. See more details. See more details

You must take two factors into account as an international student to determine the cost of your studies:

Country of origin:
France: As is the case for Quebec students, no tuition fees are required under the France-Quebec agreement.
Other countries: Tuition fees will vary according to the type of program chosen.

Type of program: Annual tuition fees vary according to the chosen program: three-year technical DEC (depending on the specialty), two-year pre-university DEC and 10- to 18-month AEC (Attestation of College Studies) (depending on the specialty).

Attestations of College Studies (AEC) vary in duration from 10 to 18 months and each program has its own cost. Please refer to the specific program description for more information.

The budget will vary from person to person, depending on their needs. To help you better plan your budget for your first year in Quebec, we suggest that you refer to this table, which lists all the expenses that an international student will incur, on average, regardless of their country of origin.

You can also use the Government of Canada’s free Budget Planner.

No. These costs are included in the living expenses and are the student’s responsibility. They will vary according to the choice of accommodation: student residence, single or shared apartment, family or friends already living in the area, etc.

No. Neither CEST Montréal nor its 13 CEGEPs offer scholarships.

It is the Service régional de l’admission du Montréal Métropolitain (Metropolitan Montreal Regional Admissions Department). This organization collects all online applications for CEGEPs in the Greater Montreal area, with the exception of Dawson College. It ensures that your file is complete before sending it to the CEGEP where you wish to study (e.g., birth certificate, transcripts, French test results).


You must follow these steps to submit a complete application and receive a response within the prescribed time frame.

  1. Apply online by the deadlines (refer to the Important Dates section), pay the application processing fee and provide all required documents: birth certificate in English or French, transcripts and language test results, if required
  2. Wait for the CEGEP’s decision (acceptance or refusal), which will be sent electronically.
  3. If you are accepted, get started on obtaining the two required immigration documents:

If your program includes an internship, you must apply for a work permit

There are two deadlines. Each term of study has a deadline for sending in the application form. It is important to meet this deadline, otherwise your application will be automatically refused.

  • Fall: March 14
  • Winter: August 31


Yes and no. Each file is unique, and it is up to each CEGEP to decide this when evaluating your application.

The degree awarded is a state diploma and will be recognized. However, depending on the employer or university you are considering, some skills may not be exactly the same and may need to be upgraded.

The majority of Francophone CEGEPs will require a French proficiency level of B2, and for some programs, C1. See all eligible tests.
Please note that if you are a citizen of France, no French test will be required when you apply online.

Yes, there are three English-language public CEGEPs in Montreal, which are listed on our site: Dawson College, John Abbott College and Vanier College. However, to be admitted, you will need to provide proof that your English proficiency is sufficient for you to follow the courses and pass them successfully. See all eligible English language tests.

Yes. While you’re a full-time student, your work permit allows you to work part-time, i.e. a maximum of 20 hours per week, and to work full-time during holidays (e.g., Christmas, summer holidays). You can work on or off campus. See all the rules are detailed.

No, the process isn’t automatic. You must meet certain government requirements. You’ll need to apply online a few weeks before your expected study end date. We invite you to consult the government website for more information.