AccueilHow to apply

How to apply?

The procedures to follow

To carry out your plan to come and study in Canada, and more specifically, in one of our Montreal CEGEPs, all you have to do is carefully follow the steps of the process that we describe here. Please know that we are always available to assist you should you have any questions or issues encountered through this process.

The steps


1. Choose your program and institution

You must first choose your study program from our technical programs or our pre-university programs. Then in the page of each program, it will be indicated which establishments provide the training. You will need to select the institution in question and a link will appear to start an admissions application on the SRAM website.

Discover our technical programs

Discover our pre-university programs


2. Apply for admission

Your application for admission must be made to SRAM (Service régional d’admission du Montréal métropolitain). This organization manages all admissions applications for the establishments that make up the Campus for Technical Higher Studies of Montreal (CESTM). Once your application has been analyzed and if you meet the requirements, you will receive an admission letter from the institution offering the program you have chosen. This will help you for the next steps in your journey.

3. Obtain a Quebec Certificate of Acceptance

To study in Montreal, which is in the province of Quebec, you must obtain a first authorization to study. After receiving the letter of admission from the chosen institution, you submit an application for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies to the Ministry of Immigration, Francisation and Integration of Quebec (MIFI) .

You can submit your CAQ request online and thus be continuously informed of the progress of the processing of your file.

Plan for this purpose:

• an email address;
• a credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Amex)
to pay the processing fee of CA$116.

Obtain a certificate of acceptance


4. Obtain a study permit in Canada

The Study Permit is the second immigration document you need to obtain. After obtaining your CAQ, you can submit your Study Permit application online. This request will then be forwarded to a visa office that processes requests from your country of citizenship or the one where you have been legally admitted.

If your program includes a compulsory internship in the workplace, this will be mentioned in your admission letter. You will need to take this into account when applying for a work permit as an intern or co-op participant.

You may have to undergo a medical examination to obtain your study permit, you will be informed of this during the analysis of your application.

Obtain a study permit


5. Hold health and hospitalization insurance

All international students must hold a health and hospitalization insurance contract valid in Canada for themselves and their accompanying dependents or must be covered by a reciprocal health and of social security.

Citizens of the countries listed below benefit from a reciprocal social security agreement concluded between Quebec and their country and, as such, may be covered by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) same title as a Canadian or permanent resident of Canada with Quebec resident status: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Romania and Sweden. To learn more about this, please consult the reciprocity agreement.

All other foreign students must be covered by health and hospitalization insurance. The establishment you will attend will let you know the terms and conditions for subscribing to this insurance and paying the costs.

Apply for health insurance


6. Confirm registration and pay tuition fees

It will be indicated in your admission letter how to proceed to complete this final step.

Discover Montreal

#1 city in america for welcoming international students

Canada, recognized for the quality of the education offered there, has a solid reputation as a tolerant and non-discriminatory society and as a country where people feel safe. Montreal, a French-speaking city and the second largest city in Canada, is ranked the best city in America for welcoming international students.