Arts, literature and communication, option: mutlidisciplinary
Students wishing to pursue university studies, but who first want to combine several disciplines with the goal of exploring more than one main interest, e.g. literature and cinema, visual arts and literature, theatre and cinema, languages and culture.
step 1 : Choose your school
15615 Gouin Boulevard West, Montreal, Quebec H9H 5K8
6400 16e Avenue, Montreal, QC H1X 2S9, Canada
821 Sainte Croix Ave, Saint-Laurent, QC H4L 3X9, Canada
3040 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest, Montreal, Québec H3Z 1A4, Canada
21275 Lakeshore Dr, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC H9X 2E5, Canada
step 2 : Apply
To start your application, click on the purple button below. You will be redirected to the SRAM (Service régional d'admission du Montréal métropolitain) website. This organization manages all the admission applications for the institutions that are part of the CESTM (campus of higher technical studies of Montreal). Once your application has been reviewed, if you meet the requirements, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the school offering the program of your choice. This letter will be helpful to you for the next steps of your application process.
Approximate cost of studies (per year)
- Citizens of France (France-Québec agreement): from 300 to 365 $CAD
- Citizens of other countries: 12 745 $CAD
- 11 years of recognized studies
- Mathematics of 10th year of study
- Having successfully passed the required French test (for francophone colleges)
- Having successfully passed the required English test (for anglophone colleges)
Duration of studies
2 years or 4 semesters (full time)
- Fall 2022 semester: March 31, 2022
- Winter 2023 semester: August 31, 2022
- Acquire general knowledge in the areas of arts, culture and media
- Learn about the characteristics of art works in terms of theleading trends in each specialty
- Create links between these trends and the social and cultural transformations with which they are associated
- Learn about different models of analysis of art works in order to develop aesthetic and critical judgement
- Experiment with various working and creative models in order to achieve expression through languages and the forms specific to the program discipline
Journalism, history of art, visual arts, sociology, etc.
Obtaining a Quebec Acceptance Certificate
It is the first document to obtain when starting your immigration process. By clicking on the button below you will be redirected to a website describing all the relevant information about it.Obtain a Quebec acceptance certificate
Obtaining a Study Permit
There is a second immigration document that you will need to obtain. After receiving your CAQ, you must apply for a Student Permit, which you can do online. This application will be forwarded to a visa office that processes all applications from your country of citizenship or the country into which you have been lawfully admitted. If you click on the button below, you will be redirected to the website where you will find all the details. By clicking on the button below you will be redirected to a website describing all the relevant information about it.OBTAIN A STUDY PERMIT
Obtaining health and hospitalization insurance
All international students must hold a valid Canadian health and hospitalization insurance plan for themselves and their accompanying dependents, or they must be covered under a valid reciprocal social security agreement. Citizens of the countries listed below benefit from a reciprocal social security agreement made with Quebec and, as such, may be covered by the Quebec health insurance board (Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec – RAMQ) in the same way as Canadians or permanent residents of Canada. The countries are: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Romania and Sweden. For more information, please consult the reciprocal agreement. All other international students must hold a health and hospitalization insurance plan. The college you will be attending will provide you with information on how to obtain this insurance and the related fees.OBTAIN HEALTH AND HOSPITALIZATION INSURANCE
Confirming your acceptance and paying the tuition fees
Your letter of acceptance will explain how to complete this final step.
No.1 City in America for
Recognized for its quality of education, Canada has a well-established reputation as a tolerant, non-discriminatory and safe country. Montreal, predominantly French but multilingual, is Canada’s second largest city and ranked the best city in North America for international students.