Students who enjoy observing, analyzing and handling mechanisms, devices, circuits, etc. Are inventive and curious in it creating, modifying or repairing devices, instruments, etc. Prefer using real, measurable standards for decision-making and problem-solving. Are strong in mathematics and interested in technologies.
Nearly 5,000 students attend the Cégep de Saint-Laurent each year, enjoying a vibrant student life, numerous services and a magnificent urban campus. The cégep offers 11 pre-university programs, 10 double DCS’s, 9 technical programs, and specialized training for adults, municipalities and businesses. Science is taught in all its forms. Also, human-centred disciplines, such as arts, the environment and technology, are at the core of the course offering. The wide range of programs, many of which are exclusive, are given in a very friendly atmosphere, fostering a strong community spirit.
You are ready to apply?
Have you read all the information about your program, about the CEGEP and the requirements? You are ready to register?
Once you receive your letter of acceptance
In order to be able to enter the Canadian territory, you must take several other steps. Follow these steps :
You still have questions?
Approximate cost of studies (per year)
- Citizens of France (France-Québec agreement) : from 300 to 365$CAD
- Citizens of other countries: 16 500 $CAD
- 11 years of recognized studies
- Mathematics of 10th year of study in science or technology area
- Sciences of 10th year of study
- Having successfully passed the required French test
Duration of studies
3 years or 6 semesters (full time)
Fall 2022 : March 31, 2022
- Process technical information
- Diagnose digital and analog electronics problems
- Verify the functioning of digital and analog electronics (cable, wireless and optical telecommunications)
- Maintain a telecommunications system
- Replace electronic components
- Conduct quality control during the assembly and integration of a telecommunications systems
- Carry out technical support activities
- Install residential and commercial telephone networks
- Build a wireless communication system with software-defined radio
- Camera lighting technician
- Circuit designer
- Network designer
- Renewable energy consultant
- Network manager
- Assembler, repairer
- Technical representative, electrical technician
- Quality control technician
- Broadcasting technician
- Audiovisual technician
- Cable and telephony technician
- Electronics technician
- Software technician
- Maintenance and production technician
- Telecommunications technician
Obtaining a Quebec Acceptance Certificate
It is the first document to obtain when starting your immigration process. By clicking on the button below you will be redirected to a website describing all the relevant information about it.Obtain a Quebec acceptance certificate
Obtaining a Study Permit
There is a second immigration document that you will need to obtain. After receiving your CAQ, you must apply for a Student Permit, which you can do online. This application will be forwarded to a visa office that processes all applications from your country of citizenship or the country into which you have been lawfully admitted. If you click on the button below, you will be redirected to the website where you will find all the details. By clicking on the button below you will be redirected to a website describing all the relevant information about it.OBTAIN A STUDY PERMIT
Obtaining health and hospitalization insurance
All international students must hold a valid Canadian health and hospitalization insurance plan for themselves and their accompanying dependents, or they must be covered under a valid reciprocal social security agreement. Citizens of the countries listed below benefit from a reciprocal social security agreement made with Quebec and, as such, may be covered by the Quebec health insurance board (Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec – RAMQ) in the same way as Canadians or permanent residents of Canada. The countries are: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Romania and Sweden. For more information, please consult the reciprocal agreement. All other international students must hold a health and hospitalization insurance plan. The college you will be attending will provide you with information on how to obtain this insurance and the related fees.OBTAIN HEALTH AND HOSPITALIZATION INSURANCE
Confirming your acceptance and paying the tuition fees
Your letter of acceptance will explain how to complete this final step.
No.1 City in America for
Recognized for its quality of education, Canada has a well-established reputation as a tolerant, non-discriminatory and safe country. Montreal, predominantly French but multilingual, is Canada’s second largest city and ranked the best city in North America for international students.